2015 Crab O'Lantern Hermit Crab Pumpkin Carving Contest

Good friends in a pinch! Forums Chewin’ the Choya Contest Entry Forum 2015 Crab O'Lantern Hermit Crab Pumpkin Carving Contest

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Amber Miner 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Stacy
    Keymaster

CSJ Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest

It’s that time of year again! Time to show off your mad pumpkin carving skills to come up with your very own crab-o-lantern.

So what do you do?

First you need to plan out a hermit crab related design for your pumpkin.

Then you carve it out.

Take a photo of it.

Upload it to Flickr or another photo hosting site that allows you to embed your photo on our contest forum.

Post your photos of your crab-o-lantern on this years contest thread.

You can enter more than one design if you are that ambitious.

The pumpkin should be carved and designed by YOU.

At the end of October we will place all the entries up for a vote like always and let the members pick the winner.

If you aren’t registered on the forums you will be required to sign up to enter the contest, but it’s free to sign up.

This contest began in 2005 with this:
    Sabraka Crab O'Lantern
    What is the prize?

This year the prize is your choice of one of at item in our Cafepress store valued up to $30USD

So get busy planning your Crab O’Lanterns!

Anne Grady
    Participant

I hope lots of people enter this. I am not crafty enough to do it, but I was looking forward to the pictures from those who are.

Stacy
    Keymaster

Me too! We’ve had some really amazing artwork in previous years. I can barely do a traditional jack o lantern 😀

Pam
    Participant

can you use a stencil picture of a crab or do you have to draw your own?

Stacy
    Keymaster

You can use a stencil or a picture 🙂

You basically aren’t allowed to go and download photos of other people’s work and claim it as your own.

Amber Miner
    Participant

Crab-O-Lantern made with sugar pumpkin and kombucha squash for color 🙂 Styled after the Cavipes 😛

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Stacy
    Keymaster

So cool Amber!

Absolutely amazing!!!

Stacy
    Keymaster

Amber you are the only entrant so you win 🙂 You did an amazing job!
    You can visit the Cafepress store and pick an item valued at $30 http://www.cafepress.com/crabstreet
    We can do a custom design if you want either text or a photo. If you want a photo just let me know.
    Contact me at crabstreetjournal@gmail.com with your selection and address.

Amber Miner
    Participant

Woo hoo! Thanks 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘2015 Crab O'Lantern Hermit Crab Pumpkin Carving Contest’ is closed to new replies.