January 1, 2018 at 8:43 pm #7879
For ease of voting please try to do the following:
Take and post one clear photo of the entire crabitat to be used on the poll.
Take and post any additional photos you would like to share to highlight features. A link back to the contest thread will be included on the poll so others can browse the additional images.
Full rules here:
March 21, 2018 at 6:07 pm #8318March 22, 2018 at 9:03 am #8326March 22, 2018 at 10:39 am #8328
- This topic was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Stacy.
This is my new hermit home. I have 2 pools with filter, à hand made hamac,moss pit ans Play Sand with ee. It’s a 40g size.March 22, 2018 at 10:54 am #8330
Location: St. Louis, MO
Dimensions: 48″ wide, 28″deep, 30″ high
Volume: 150 gallon
Substrate: Playsand + EcoEarth (5/1 mix); The sub is about 13″ deep on the high side and then slopes off on the sides of the canyon to about 7″ next to the pools.
– “Below ground” 1 gallon salt and fresh pools with filters and live plants (crab safe) and drift wood and coral access climbs
– petrified wood “canyon” (my son’s awesome idea)
– cork bark, coral and coconut hides and ladder
– decorative pottery moss pit
– artificial plants including a climbing “tree”
– two shell shops; one for small shells, one for large
– full-spectrum florescent lighting with extra UVB light
– remote sensor temp/humidity gauge
Comments: I walled-off the pool side of the tank with glass to protect from floods. The bottom of the pool area and large shell shop are filled with aquarium gravel. The back wall is covered with a plastic grid that I’ll use to hang aquarium “mats” to cover the back with plants they can climb. I will also be attaching more hides and shelves to the grid to give the crabs more vertical play space. There’s a lot of air space in this setup, so the back and left side of the tank both have a UTH and I’ve insulated those sides (added after I took that full tank image)
March 26, 2018 at 9:58 am #8336
- This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Andrew Roth.
Location: (Québec, canada )
Volume of Crabitat: ( 40 Gallons)
Description of Substrate: (Play sand ans ee)
Description of Tank Items (hand made hamoc, 2pools with filter, foam vivre and LED light, moss pit )
IT will be the house for 3 new crabbies!
Groliath, P’titan and minorme!April 1, 2018 at 12:33 pm #8344
Voting poll is up!April 9, 2018 at 9:02 am #8355
Winner is Kristen Levas! Congrats!
The topic ‘2018 March COTM’ is closed to new replies.