Home Forums Chewin’ the Choya 2 CRABS IN 1 MOLTING CAVE!!!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Torian
    Participant

my crabs like to make their molting caves against the glass and I went and looked into one and AHHHHHHH There is 2 crab in 1 cave!! the cave has only been here since his morning. I have another tank that I can put all my molters in…… should I dig thease guys up???

Beth

Never EVER dig up a molting crab!!!!!!!  Are they both molting, or just one at this time?  Keep checking on them, make sure they are not trying to attack each other.  But once they dig down, don’t dig them up, they will die from the stress.

Torian
    Participant

Uh, I had too because I found out 2 crabs were attacking a molter under ground and I didn’t want them to kill it. I put him in ISO so he should be fine

Robyn
    Participant

Putting in ISO should be ok, as long as he’s alone in there. In dire circumstances I have had to do that, and haven’t had any issues yet. it’s a good thing you caught them before the other guy ate him. Molters give off a fishy smell, that is delicious to the other crabs if they come across a molter in their digging expeditions.

Torian
    Participant

Yes he is great now. not completely hardened but doing well

Torian
    Participant

He is kinda pale……….. He will get his coloring back though. I need an upgrade because I own 33 (going to be 34) And a 29 or 30 gal and a 40 or 50 gal. The last thing I need is them to start eating each other. here is my 40 or 50 gal. I got everything inside it (including the crabs) for free! it is at least 1,000.00 worth of things. I LOVE FREE STUFF!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.