Home Forums Chewin’ the Choya Contest Entry Forum 2017 August COTM

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stacy 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Stacy
    Keymaster

For ease of voting please try to do the following:

Take and post one clear photo of the entire crabitat to be used on the poll.

Take and post any additional photos you would like to share to highlight features. A link back to the contest thread will be included on the poll so others can browse the additional images.

Full rules here:

Crabitat of the Month

Stacy
    Keymaster

Crabitat of the Month

⭐️Sharene Hoffman
    ⭐️Dansharene@gmail.com
    ⭐️1977
    ⭐️Portland, Maine USA
    ⭐️72 1/2×18 1/2x 23 3/8
    ⭐️125 Gallons
    ⭐️Substrate is made up of Play Sand, Eco Earth, Oyster Shells, Worm Castings, leaf litter and Sphagnum Moss..5:1:1 Ratio
    ⭐️I’ve tried to stick to a “natural” look..I have 2 CocoHides, a hanging CocoPit I made, lots of fake greenery, cholla, Bark, food dishes that look like rocks and 1 made from a shell, lots of places to hide under or behind…I’ve provided Tons of types and various sizes of Shell. The tank has a Versa Top, 2 Acurite Gauges, a Ultratherm that goes 3/4 length of the tank and Reflectix on the back and sides to insulate. There is a UVB Light on one half. This tank also has a False Bottom to prevent Flooding.

⭐️This tank houses PPs and Es. They are very active and seem content. There are several types of Isopods that serve as a clean up crew and sometimes snack. Leaf Litter, Moss, Dry Flowers and Crushed Shells are always available in addition to food.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jeanne Singhass
    Participant

Jeanne Singhass
    Springfield WV
    My tank is a 75 Gallon (48×18 x21 )
    My substrate is 5 -1 play sand and EE
    I have tons of hanging vines with fake flowers ,A large hollow tree stump ,A large queen conch and whelk shell, many pcs of oak bark ,2 walls of coco fiber ,A med treasure chest as a shell shop. There are two 3 gallon pools with filters 1 fresh, 1 salt water
    I have a 7 gallon topper / shell shop on top with a tunnel leading to a 3 gallon moss / rock garden with a small fresh water pool in it.
    The tank is insulated with a car sun shade over 3 (10x 16) UTH mats

Attachments:

Tiffany Carver
    Participant

Tiffany Carver
    Lakeland, Florida
    48x13x21
    55 gallons
    5 to 1 playsand/eco earth mix
    I’ve got hanging vines, some larger and smaller oak tree branches to climb. They also have a bark wall that I added to their topper. Coco huts, a shelf to chill out by the bark wall in the topper. Fresh and salt water pools out of Tupperware.
    Comments: I just recently added a topper. Collected bark from outside and after scrubbing and baking it I siliconed it to one side to make a climbing wall a long with a few leaves from their fake vines and some twigs.

Attachments:

Amber Miner
    Participant

Dimensions of Crabitat: 6 ft long X 18 inches wide X 25 inches high
    Volume of Crabitat: 135 gallons
    Description of Substrate: Playsand, live sand, coral sand, feldspar sand, oolite arangonite sand, coconut fiber, coconut chunks and oyster shell.
    Description of Tank Items: custom foam backdrop in three panels including custom carved caves, hides, pods, cork highways and several kinds of wood.
    12×12 extra level used for shells comprised of cork and tree fern.
    Giant peek a boo cork tube apartment siliconed flush with the glass and full of moss for my viewing pleasure (there favorite spot)
    Giant cholla used as a highway across the tank.
    Grape wood caves.
    Natural vines.
    Hanging coconut flower pot.
    Various artificial plants.
    Exercise wheel.
    2 almost gallon, filtered, swimming pools.
    Ubv and full spectrum lighting.
    Comments: This whole set up is pretty new and has been a constant work in progress 🙂

Attachments:

Katie
    Participant

Dimensions of Crabitat:6 feet x 1 foot x 2 feet (4 feet with the topper)
    Volume of Crabitat: 90 gallons (2 45 gallon aquariums)
    Description of Substrate: 5:1 playsand and eco earth
    Description of Tank Items: Netting on back of both tanks, burlap, real wood branches, fake plants, jute climbing rope, jute hanging hut, fake coconut moss pit, shell shop, moss pit basket, 2 pools that are almost 1 gallon each with bubblers, coral pieces and other little decor
    Comments: I started with the tank on the right and a 10 gallon topper. I recently added the tank on the left and connected them with a 20 gallon topper. I wanted to make the right side more like a forest and the left side more beachy. I also try to feed them things based on where they would normally find them (ex: I feed seafood on the beach side and veggies/fruit on the forest side)

Attachments:

Stacy
    Keymaster

COngrats to Amber for winning this month!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2017 August COTM’ is closed to new replies.