Home Forums Chewin’ the Choya Contest Entry Forum 2018 December COTM

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stacy 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Stacy
    Keymaster

For ease of voting please try to do the following:

Take and post one clear photo of the entire crabitat to be used on the poll.

Take and post any additional photos you would like to share to highlight features. A link back to the contest thread will be included on the poll so others can browse the additional images.

Full rules here:

Crabitat of the Month

Pam
    Participant

My crabitat is 40 gallon breeder tank with play sand and a 3d wall on one side. Hanging choya wood and fish net for climbing. I have put in a new saucer wheel and they seem to really like it. I have a large cork bark tube and a deer antler for them. A large shell shop that is a shower holder. Works very well and uses 3m clips to hold it on to the glass. I picked this up at home depot. i have two pools of water one salt and on fresh. I use mac cheese microwavable bowls. Large heat pad on the back and a smaller on one side.

Put a nice set of led Christmas tree lights with a Pittsburgh Penguin Christmas ornament for decoration.

Residing in Glenshaw PA
    Pam L.

crabittdec20185

crabitatdec20184

crabitatdec20183

crabitat2018

Jennifer Dennis
    Participant

Hi! I have 6 purple pinchers in Oklahoma City, OK. I have one large crab, 3 medium sized crabs, and 2 very little crabs. Their crabitat measures 60 x 18 1/2 x 20 inches. It’s a 110 gallon oceanic tank. It has play sand and eco earth in a 5:1 ratio with some oyster shell, spanghum moss, green sand, and leaves in different places on top. There are several branches to climb on. These are grape wood and mopani wood. There are 3 coconut hides and one coconut treehouse, and a moss cave made from a 2 liter bottle. I have 3 thermometer/hygrometers placed in different locations, an insulated UTH heater on the back of the tank, a UVB light on the top of the tank, 2 pools with bubblers, 3 food dishes with different things in each dish, and a shell shop with a variety of different sizes of shells to accommodate everyone.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Melissa collard
    Participant

Hi there-
    Tank size 29 gallon, with 1 large purple pincher and 2 E’s- one almoat medium and the other one small.
    Sub is a mix of eco earth and sand
    They are spoiled with a wide range of foods including fresh and dried mixes, a calcium pit, leaf litter pit, climbing net, bridge, and tree. Along with several cholla logs and greenery. They have a fresh and salt pool, a nice size shell shop which the pp is a fanshionista of. They also have a coconut hide. They have been digging a ton so it looks like a war zone. They also have a disk, but i have not seen them use it yet. Dont mind the readings on the hydrometer, i just re-soaked the shells, changed water, and fed them.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Stacy
    Keymaster

Stacy
    Keymaster

Pam is our winner! Congrats and thanks to all who participated!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.