Calendar Crab of the Month:
- Enter one photo per month by uploading your photo to the current contest post on the forums in the CONTEST section.
- There is a 8MB file size limit for uploading.
- You may have to resize your photos OR you can upload them to another photo sharing service and then use the sharing links provided by that service to post your photos on the forum. If you don’t want to sign up for a free flickr account you can Email Us. Someone will manually add your photos to the thread.
- Photo resolution should be large enough to print at 11.5 x 9 inches (3300 x 2700 pixels). Landscape (wider than taller) photos are preferred because they fit the calendar template better
- Photo DPI should be between 100-300 for quality printing
- If possible please rename your photo before uploading using this format: 2019MonthCC_YourFirstNameLastInitial
When the contest is opened for submissions a new forum topic will be created. All contestants should post their photos in that topic.
Submissions must be in by midnight CST on the last day of each month.
Voting will last 7 days and you must be a member of crabstreetjournal.org to vote.
Photos submitted may be featured in our magazine as well. By entering this contest you are granting CSJ permission to use your photos on the site and in the magazine.
Winners will be awarded a prize that will be mailed to their home. If you are a under the age of 18 make sure your parents are willing to grant CSJ admin permission to mail your prize to you.
You are eligible to win prizes once every 90 days per contest.
December runs one year behind to allow us to have our calendar ready for purchase before the end of the calendar year.
So for example:
December 2017 Calendar Crab winner will be December 2019 calendar page. December 2018 Calendar Crab winner will be December 2020 calendar page. Voting happens as normal. This allows us to have the calendar ready to order for purchase the second week of December.
Non participation months:
If there is a month where no photos are entered, random photos will be selected by the CSJ admin from previous entries to fill the vacant spots.
The photo for the cover of the annual calendar is also chosen by vote. All of the monthly winners will be entered in the year end voting, including the December winner from the previous year. Voting is shortened to allow enough time to have the calendar available for purchase for holiday gift giving.
The winner of Cover Crab is awarded with a free copy of the calendar. Anyone may purchase a copy of their own from our Cafepress store.
Items featuring individual winners will be available for sale as well. You can request your photo on a specific item by contacting CSJ Admin.
Video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_8VrFIdpH8&feature=youtu.be