REMEMBER NO SEASONINGS OR ADDED SUGAR
Safe to feed:
- Turkey (chicken, quail duck) – all parts, raw or cooked.
- Save the neck and giblet bag for the crabs!
- Turkey bones (Crack them open so they can get at the marrow).
- Potatoes – any type, raw or cooked.
- No eyes or green parts of the peel.
- Veggies raw or cooked (no onions or garlic).
- Dark leafy greens must be cooked first to reduce oxalic acid content.
- Nuts ground, whole, chunks.
- Eggs – all parts, raw or cooked.
- Sour fruit will not be eaten (for example: they will not eat lemon)
- Oils pure and cold pressed are best
- No Rosemary evergreen family. If you brine or injected with rosemary or rosemary oils compound butters etc. could have absorbed to bones which is not a good idea and crabs may be repelled.
Ham contains too much added salt to be fed safely.
Remember you can freeze the leftovers too or dehydrate for later. If they do not like it one way they may like it another: dehydrated, re-hydrated, ground, whole, sliced, fresh, thawed later, softened, chunks etc.